The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Wish you were BEER...I mean, HERE!










I've never seen anything like it. More beer flows at Wurstfest than it does on college campuses during Saturday football games. And, I would have to stay, that the average age of all the wasted people were also in their 70's, not 20's. I couldn't
believe what I was seeing. Trashed grandma's and papa's livin' and partying it up! I hope that Andrew and I are that cool when we get to be that age.



Speaking of Andrew, he enjoyed himself so much, that he went back for more. He
went with his friends on Saturday, and went back with Salem and I
yesterday. He is even talking about hitting it up a few more days this
week. I honestly haven't seen him this excited over something in a very
long time. A man extremely excited over sausage...should I be worried?


Thank goodness this festival only lasts 2 weeks a year. We would go into serious
debt if it went on any longer than it does. At $25 DOLLARS per pitcher
of beer, we couldn't afford to keep up with that. Andrew, himself, went
through 6 in 2 days..you do the math; and that was just on the BEER! He
alo managed to pack in 4 sausages, cheese sticks, and bread pudding.
Salem, I must admit, loved Wurstfest too. She loved the music and also found her daddy pretty entertaining. We took her to a puppet show and she ran around with Knox while all the parents stood back and slammed beers. I'm pretty sure that you could
only find something like this in Texas. Maybe if I was from here, I
wouldn't be as weirded out as I am. Do you think? All you Texans out
there explain this to me!

I'll keep you in the loop if Andrew makes it back there this week!
Otherwise, SALUTE TO SAUSAGE!!!

Salem and her daddy flirting at the puppet show together!




5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

Sounds kinda like our Octoberfest that the Germans do here on base every year. Lots of beer and brauts!
Love Salem's costume by the way... super cute!

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Looks like fun! Andrew and Salem are so cute together - absolutely cute! I want to come visit during this festival. I don't do the sausages, but the beer I could handle!!

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Joel and Angela said...

Wow! Wurstfest looks like more fun than I thought. Love the pic of andrew eating the sausage! Hope you are doing well! Are ya'll coming this weekend?

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Das is der Andrew having the best time...the pictures say it all. The ones of Salem and her Daddy are priceless. Well daughter, being from Texas, we relish in the uniqueness of anything that is other than the "norm" and being an offspring of a Texan, you really are the same way. You loved the characters in Alaska! Wurstfest here we come!!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Katie said...

FUN FUN FUN!!! We used to go there every year with my high school German class (it still looks the EXACT same!) But, we never drank any beer. And I STILL loved it. Can you believe that? I need to come back and try it again as an adult!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home