The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lovies


Salem's Grammy and Papa bought her a lamb-lovie-blanket (that is known as "BAA") before she was born. I thought it was cute, but I NEVER thought it would grow to be such an attachment. I just went in and checked on her sleeping (she went to bed with a high temperature), and she still has her BAA! snuggled in tight up underneath her neck. She slept with it that way for over 10 hours. We also have to check on Baa's whereabouts throughout the day. She has to know that she's okay before she can go on with her daily plans. I will say; however, that she is very good about keeping her at home. She isn't one of those children that you see at the playground dragging their blanket (that they'll go home and take a nap with) in the dirt. Like I mentioned before, she sometimes checks on her and other than that, Baa is only for sleeping with.

Now that we have little Tavin on the way, it seems only fair (and likely), that he's going to need such a thing too. So, mommy drove out to Boerne, TX. last weekend, and picked up 2 (you HAVE to have a least one backup of each) blue elephant lovies for my sweet boy!

Did you grow up with a security blanket/animal/toy? Do your children have an attachment to something special other than mommy or daddy? If you have a child on the way or see children in your future, will you get something similar for them, or would you rather not?

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Ben's mom made little man a woobie. It is a tiny square fleece blanket trimmed with satin. Very cute and ever so soft!! Otherwise, he has a million of those uber soft blankets, so one way or another he will choose a favorite.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

I had a blankie and a straw stuffed bear that I was extreemly attached to until i was like 6 or 7! Tristan has begun to get attached to his Elmo blankie that my mother-in-law gave him. I guess it's just a right of passage for all kids!

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger joanna said...

I don't think I had a lovie growing up and none of my kids has been attached to anything like that. They go through stages of having a favorite something - for Alan awhile ago it was a truck, for Julia for awhile it was a doll. I can't think of anything Holly was that attached to. I'm kind of glad. The pressure of losing it might drive me mad!

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Madison has a great number of "things" she attaches to, but none that she picks the same everytime. Cait on the other hand HAS to have her thumb and her blanket. Luckily, the thumb comes alone everywhere and the blanket she attached to is a cloth diaper. You know the ones that are pretty big and kind of resemble a tea towel? She is not picky on which one she has just as long as she has one, so if we are on a trip or somewhere like that and she looses it, I always have spares and you can pick them up at any Target or Walmart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home