The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Great Show


My camera sucks, but yes, it is him!




The John Mayer concert was everything we wanted it to be and then some. It began by him walking out on stage and playing the entire set.....shirtless! I wouldn't say he's the most attractive man I've ever seen; however, there's something about a musician with a beautiful voice that sings "love songs", who also plays the guitar (very well), and sports a tattoo sleeve that covers his entire left arm...sexy! I think I find that sexy because you wouldn't necessarily expect him to have such a thing. Andrew and I always joke around that he's going to get one one these days. He won't actually do it (darn because he has nice arms and it would definitely look good on him).

ANYWAYS, Emma and I had a wonderful time together. We had seats directly in the middle and showed up 5 minutes before he walked out on stage. He sounded even better in person and I would for sure go see him again. It was, however, HOT AS ALL HELL, and we basically got all dressed up for nothing. We sweated are boobies off out there (YES, IT WAS OUTSIDE. IN HOUSTON. IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER. YUCK.) I was nothing less of a dripping wet mess. I even had to take my shoes off and walk barefoot because my feet swelled up so badly from the humidity and from walking on them all day long shopping...it was worth it! I didn't even recognize myself after the concert was over. My body (and feet) looked like someone who sits around and eats ding-dongs all damn day. I wanted to hit the gym after we finally walked in the door at 3 AM. Instead of staying the night in Houston, Emma and I both agreed that we would rather go home and sleep in our own beds. We didn't leave Houston until 12; which got us back in S.A. @ 3. Then, I got up with Salem @ 7. Yes, I was and still am extremely tired and feel like I could sleep for days. If only John could come over and serenade me back to sleep; now THAT would be something!


We went to babyGap and I HAD To have this outfit for Salem. They didn't have her size hanging up, so I took it upon myself to not bother an associate and get it on my own. It amazed me how many people found this to be appalling. The fact that people were staring at me in disbelief, made it all that more funny to me. I still don't get it. It makes logical sense to me on why I would do such a thing.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Shirtless...drool. Something about a man with musical talents and a sense of humor - yum! Glad you all had fun. I have often thought about taking items off a the model. Hmmm, I don't see anything wrong with it!

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Noel, I have declothed many a manican in my day and have gotten the same looks. How else are you supposed to buy the outfit. So glad you all had fun. I love his song Your Body is A Wonderland, its great baby making music!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home