The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

"I'm A Big Girl Now!"

Salem is a big girl now....well, sort of. Last week she grew out of her preemie diapers and MOST of her preemie clothes. Today, she grew out of one of her headrest pieces to her carseat. Can you believe it? For those of you who have children, just think back to that day when your little one first grew out of its first outfit, diaper, etc. She is also a big girl because she started to sleep in her own crib---FINALLY. We are now staying at Andrew's parents house in Florida, and Salem is spoiled enough that she has her own bedroom here fully furnished with everything a little girl needs. So, I thought it was going to be this HUGE deal trying to get her to sleep in her own bed.( I was just planning on staying up all night to deal with her not wanting to stay in there) However, the exact opposite happened, Salem LOVES her crib and didn't even cry once. I just couldn't believe it. I was actually saddened by it because I felt like she didn't need me anymore. So, she has slept in her "big girl bed" for two nights now without a major melt down. I promise, promise, promise to add pics......just let me find the cord to my computer. It's in one of the many boxes around here somewhere!

5 Comments:

At 2:27 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Oh Wow!!! Cannot wait to see that little sweetie-pie. I'm glad you made it and I'm sorry that you had such a tough time with breastfeeding...although I read somewhere that if they only get the colostrum, and/or only breastfeed for ONE day, you have done them a HUGE favor. You gave her a great start! Try not to worry about it! She will be perfect! (She already is).

 
At 1:32 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

oh please....I cannot wait for pictures!! Hurry and find the cord :0)

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Babies grow so fast! ...and I bet she is still tiny:)

Glad you made it to FL okay. You're very strong, making the long trip from AK with such a small baby.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Yeah! Salem. Beware I am going to call you very soon!

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Have you found the cord yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home