The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Friday, October 20, 2006

#1 Priority

So, when it comes to packing and unpacking boxes during PCS moves, Iiiiiiii......have the process down to a T. Since Andrew is only here TDY, we could only bring whatever would fit into our 5x8 trailer. All of our other household goods will be sitting in Anchorage in storage until we move to San Anton'. This is how our trailer is broken down: Salems baby essentials took up half of it; which left the other half for EVERYTHING else.---clothes, shoes, kitchen appliances,Andrews military gear, Lillys shit, etc., etc. Somehow, we managed to "make it work." I am still amazed about how we fit so much crap into such a small space. It also amazes me on how you can manage to live off so little in these circumstances. It really makes you want to simplify your life and just start throwing things out when you realize you don't need certain items to "survive." So, while I was unpacking last friday, I came across something and wanted to share it all with you. Just because I am here for just a short while and could only bring so little, doesn't mean that my priorities have changed; nor will they EVER. I know what a girlfriend needs and doesn't need to survive. I also know what boxes need to be unpacked first, okay. Let me share:

Nothing unpacked yet; oh wait, what do I see.....


Yes, Yes, Yes...........MY SHOES!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

That's hilarious!! It is nice to know someone else has the obsession as bad as I do(though mine is mostly with mary jane's, flip flops and running shoes). I counted over 30 pairs of shoes this summer and feeling a little guilty that Ben only has 4 finally widdled it down to 25 :0)

 
At 3:20 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Hey! I'm still waiting to see Salem's shoe collection!

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Allison said...

This is why we can never share a suitcase! My shoes take up so much freaking room! Glad to see I'm not the only one who appreciates a good (and freakishly overpriced) shoe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home