The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

10 Things I HATE About Georgia...Already

10)The humidity....good god, give me the dry Phoenix heat over this crap.

9) You can't turn right on red at most of the intersection lights.

8) I'm sorry, what did you just say to me? I can't understand what in the heck your saying. Does anyone else understand akshfkljsdfkljaslerjosaeiurmnrl......?Didn't think so.

7) To add to that, the southern drawl just gives me a flippin' headache.

6) I swear the South, in general, is behind a few years from the rest of the country. They arn't quite up to speed as the rest.

5) The water tastes like shit.....yes, even worse than Alaska. Give me the nasty iron taste over whatever they're serving down here.

4) From the looks of it, there has to be 1 cop per 5 or so individuals. Seriously, the "pigs" are all over this town.

3) There is no such thing as a "nice neighborhood. " You'll have a beautiful housing development right in the heart of "the hood." It is definitely a buyers market.

2) From what I can gather, the idea of any sort of physical activity is non-existent. Driving to KFC would be the closest thing. The only gym I have found is at Moody AFB. What does everyone else do around here?

1) I thought the South was known for their Southern cooking? Apparently not around here. We went to the Crackel Barrel the other morning because I was just dying for a fluffy omelet. They must not know the meaning of fluffy, because my eggs came out flatter than Andrews pancakes he ordered.

Okay, for now, there are 11 things I hate about Georgia( I mis-calculated) The thing that bothers me the most is...................

THERE IS ONLY 1 STARBUCKS IN THE ENTIRE TOWN. ISN'T THIS AMERICA? THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A STARBUCKS ON EVERY STREET CORNER. HELLO! Thank goodness I only have 4 mths. here. I'm not sure if I would survive or not.

5 Comments:

At 12:38 PM , Blogger Allison said...

My thoughts exactly. North Carolina wouldn't know a bike path if it jumped out and smacked in on the head. Oh, and forget about southern "hospitality". If hospitality is taking 8 minutes to ring up a gallon of milk, I don't want you to be hospitable. I feel your pain girl! :)

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I was kind of regretting not doing something "new" when it came time to put in my 2 cents about assignments and be along for the ride to Moody in the future, but now I am glad I didn't! Take a trip to Jeckle (sp?) Island. Ben took me there once...it was really nice.

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Hey, hey, Valdosta is not that bad. Go eat at Memaw's it's in Ray City. Just ask anyone and they will tell you how to get there. Great BBQ, chili dogs and SWEET TEA!! --You might eat your dog on outdoor furniture (inside) but it is well worth the experience. Just thinking about it makes me want sweet tea.
Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Ocala are all close AND you have an Outback and Texas Roadhouse!! Come on, cheese fries can make any place good! :)

 
At 1:57 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Dang! Are you saying we have more starbucks in Fairbanks?

I always hear people rave about how much they love Moody. They must be on crack. I'm terrified of the deep south.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

You will definitley like San Antonio better...just hand in there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home