The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween?

The boots, gatta love the boots!
This is supposed to be a hat. Hhhmmm... does it look like a hat to you?
Cowgirl Salem to the rescue!


Can I be honest and just flat out say that Halloween sucked this year? Did anyone else have this problem? Hello,............ there were no cool parties, we didn't even get dressed up,our A.C. went out, Salem was sick(from her shots), and I bought a shit ton of candy and only had 5 "little treaters" show up. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I live in an apartment complex now and thought I would have a way higher volume of kids coming for some dang candy this year. Most people would be happy about that, and well, I'm just not okay. I am also very disappointed on the costume selection that I'm assuming the parents picked out for their young ones. I'm sorry, but putting your 4 year old in overalls and some princess slippers doesn't cut it in my book. Poor thing, I wanted to snatch her up in my hands, and take her somewhere and let her pick out a costume. She is 4 and it just had to make her heart hurt watching the other (well the other 4 I guess) all dressed up (even if their costumes sucked). I know, I should have put a pair of my shoes in her bag instead of some candy, that probably would have made her feel a little better. Slippers.........what was she thinking?

Moving on.........
So, I love,love,love Halloween for the simple fact of getting dressed up, kicking back a few drinks with some friends at a local party, taking drunkin' photos of ourselves (just to get in a good laugh later on in life) and on, and on.
Andrew, on the other hand, has a completely different philosophy. He aspires to be much more than the rest of us. He sets out every year with one thing in mind to conquer............
To win the "Best Halloween Costume," of course.

To sum it all up, I've decided that I will not have another Halloween like this again. I will make sure that next year is filled with nothing but fun and we will host a party in San Antonio.

I hope you all had a good one and enjoyed your evening!

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

She is getting so big!!! Cute outfit :0) There were several kids who walked up in their school clothes.....wierd. Why do parent's let their kids go out without a costume. Lame-o's.

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I hope Salem is feeling better. She looked like she didn't feel horrible. I hope you do have an awesome party next year so I can come to it!

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Where did you find such cute little boots? So cute!

I'm sorry Salem is had a fever and your AC went out. That right there sounds SUCKY!

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I like the pink template. Halloween wasn;t too fun here either. C is gone to it was me and the dogs. Needless to say, I never want to see another piece of candy again... okay, maybe a milky way bar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home