The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Item of the Week #2

Since I went on and on about the first item of the week, I had to add my second favorite thing this week. A few weeks ago, I made a jogging stroller purchase and I JUST LOVE IT! I researched Consumer Reports, running magazines, friends opinions, and on and on. Finally, I made the decision and went with the Dreamer Design Lite edition. Here is some info:


*I found that hardcore runners prefer The Bob. I too would have gone with it; however, it's manufactured more for the runner and not the little person sitting in it. It is SUPER lite, but looks SUPER uncomfortable for a baby. I just couldn't do it.

*So, mine might weigh a little more, but is TOTALLY worth it. I will push around the extra pounds knowing that Salem is comfy and enjoying herself at the same time.


Now, as much as I love my stroller (thank you hubby), I wasn't informed on what a workout it is pushing one of those dang things around. For some reason, all the men and women I have seen over the years using them, made it look incredibly easy. I went into this thinking that it would actually make running easier on me because I could put some of my weight into it. Do you know what I'm saying? For example, if you walk at an incline on a treadmill, it is SO much easier if you hold onto the bars, right? Well, I thought it would be the same for the stroller. It proved me wrong. Really my reasoning for blogging about this is to raise awareness on what an ass pain it is pushing our "love bugs" around town. Try it, you'll see what I'm talking about.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for having you as a friend too. I am glad you are getting around town with your baby.....it's fun to know you are doing what you like to do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home