The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Nana Midge!

Salem and my Mom, Nana Midge!

On Sunday, my Mom and Stepdad drove down from North Carolina(they flew out there to buy furniture) and got to spend a day and a half with us. I know, not enough time. My parents are building their new home in Tucson, and had to get back ASAP to stay on top of things. We had such a great time with them and managed to get a lot of things done in the 32 hours they were here: we ate great food, shopped at the local stores, shopped online, they babysat Salem so I could go to the dentist, and my Mom and I met up with Kelly at the ONLY Starbucks for a latte and some much needed catching up. Kelly is Canadian, and my parents actually live in Canada during the summers, so they had a lot to talk about! I am always so grateful when you get the opportunity to run across a military wife that is a dear friend again. I told my Mom after we departed Starbucks, that Kelly is such a special (not in the retarded type of way) person that I can't say one bad thing about. You don't run across many types of people like that.

My BEAUTIFUL friend, Kelly!
So, it's a good thing Andrew and I are moving to
San Antonio and not Tucson because I couldn't
afford to live there and keep up with my Mom at the same time. WE ARE TROUBLE TOGETHER. Very bad, very, very bad. So, I think we were only out actually shopping yesterday for maybe 2 hours or so, and we managed to do some damage on Nana Midges credit card in such a short period of time. That's what Grandmas are for, right? I must say that I do feel a bit guilty looking at all this this morning. If it were over a week span or so of shopping, I would feel better about it; but this was only a few hours. We also managed to buy Salem her highchair off the internet that is not pictured in the photo. I was able to find one that matches the rest of her gear (the Laura Ashley print). I am sooo excited to use it! She won't be needing it for at least a few more months, but I just had to have it!

Pretty good for only a few hours of hard work!

8 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Blogger Katie said...

At least the damage went on Nana's credit card and not yours. That's all I'm saying!

I have certain friends that bring out the shopper in me. Dangerous business, that!

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Whoa!! I need to show my mom this post so I can score some new stuff :0)

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Oh yeah, I am glad you got to see Kelly, she is a gem!

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Would your mom adopt me?

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I love Midge! She is a traveling fool! Yeah for you Kelly! Also, that is so cool you got some stuff for your baby. Sorry I missed your call today. I will call you tomorrow.

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Noel, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for meeting up with me the other day. Specially when you and your mum had such limited time together.

I am so glad we got to see each other again. You look amazing, and Salem is gorgeous!

Hopefully next time will be longer and we can bring the guys with us.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Screw the guys--
lets leave them at home with the baby, dogs and all; we'll go have fun!

 
At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Quinn family,

I had the most fun with you and Salem. Yes, we do love to shop and Salem is in training. My picture with Salem is of pure joy. She has brought so much joy and happiness.

Love, Nana Midge

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home