The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Picture Studio Frustrations


"No, no, you can't do that in here."

Just like Katie, I too, had MAJOR issues today getting Salem's 3mth/Holiday photos done.

Reasons:

1) I tried taking photos of her with my own camera(HELLO, for blog purposes), and the bitch snapped at me and told me I couldn't take shots of my OWN daughter with MY camera--JESUS!
2) We did our photos at The Picture People (which I do like); however, $200 later just about explains it all, doesn't it? For holiday cards and their member card---GOOD GOD!
3)Okay, this isn't their fault, but of course Salem was just not having it today and wanted NOTHING to do with any damn pictures. I shouldn't complain because it made picking out the best looking one easy, because none of them were AMAZING and "Oh my God,Gorgeous!" But on the other hand, it does piss me off more because of the fact that we spent so much dinero on something that doesn't make me think that I have the cuttest baby ever. Other Moms out there know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.....THE CUTTEST shot is what we always strive for and well, I didn't exactly get that. Aahhh, hells bells.
4) Why is it that we always get the photographer that has no patience when it comes to working with children? Seriously, I hope our lady comes across this blog because maybe, just maybe, she would realize that her job is obviously not for her. She needs to re-think her profession that she has got herself in. SHE SUCKED ASS. Salem was drooling and she was completely disgusted by it. She acted like she had never seen anything like it before. She would put her camera down, put her hands on her head and say: "Oh my god, she is like covered in spit ALLLL over." It was such an exaggeration. In all honesty, I would like to schedule Salem's 6 mth. apt (when she starts cutting teeth) with the same lady so she can really see what drool is. "Oh my god, drool again."
Give me a break lady. Go find a new job.
5) The place was also just a Mad House; which gave me even more of a headache. All these kids were running around, and around, and around, while the parents picked out the best photos of little Sussie and Timmy. I wanted to hang them all up on the walls by their little sweater vests and frilly holiday dresses. I would recommend bringing Grandparents/relative/friend(s) / SOMEONE to help you during such a chore. Pictures are exactly that, A CHORE. Salem is only 12 weeks and we brought along Andrew's parents with us. Some way or another, all 8 hands kept busy the entire time. They were very helpful.

Needless to say, I am tired and completely done in for the day. Pictures ran me into the ground and drove me to drink. I HAD to go get a 'rita with some chips-n-salsa after that feascal.
Oh well, I learned a lesson or two and one day I'll look back on this experience and laugh, hopefully!


Later in the day---my little Ski Bunny with her Daddy



So BEAUTIFUL!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Salem's eyes are so blue in the last picture! And it's a beautiful Christmas dress you have her in.

Sorry the photo shot was so frustrating!!! at least it's done, for this year.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

This is why I don't go to photo places....it doesn't matter because Salem is gorgeous no matter what!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I agree with Kelly...love the dress, love the close up ski bunny picture!

I thought picture people were good, although we had a patient photographer. I would think that would be a terrible place to work if you were grossed out by drool!

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Cute photos!! It is funny that Andrew is laughing while she is crying....what more can you do! Love the pictures, you don't need no stinking photographer to make her look beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home